That would be awesome.

Unfortunately, I think the author has seriously underestimated the
logistical nightmare resulting from some of the proposed features.  The
gravity wheel, while not a new idea, is needlessly complicated in its
design.  Most of the luxury features (IMAX theaters?  Restaurants?
Walking gardens?  WTF?) add nothing but dead weight, which the author
points out as being a major concern in other areas.  All of those things
would have to be ... weightlessness-proofed(?) as well.

The sheer size of the craft is ridiculous.  Three times the length of an
aircraft carrier, 20+ times as wide and operating with only a crew of
1,000?  "Only 1,000" is a monumental achievement in space flight by
itself.  I can't even imagine the technical innovations required to keep
that crew alive.  Something as simple as heat dissipation isn't.

Oh, it would have to be built/assembled in space too because we can't
launch it.  Our experience in building things in space amounts to two
little PoS space stations and maybe a telescope.

For inspiration, we should be looking at submarines instead of luxury
liners.  I think for a chance to go to Mars, I could suck it up and do
without all of the comforts of Earth for 6 months.  Give me a duty
rotation, my computer, a library of games, about 1TB of movies and a
Kindle full of reading material, and I would be good to go.

I would love to see the Enterprise engineered into a working spacecraft
and would give a billion ducks to the program if it was realistic and I
had that much money.  We really need to get out there, seriously get out
there, and not just because we are playing a "my rocket is bigger than
yours" game with another country.  I just don't see it happening in 20
years, or even 50.  :(