Now you have me thinking if that was a A1 we had...this was 86-89...now I am
not sure.  I could swear it was an A2...but that was 25 years ago and I am
lucky if I remember what happens 25 mins ago these days LOL

-----Original Message-----
From: Bruce Sorge [mailto:sor...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, May 25, 2012 9:38 PM
To: cf-community
Subject: Re: In Reversal, Army Bans High-Performance Rifle Mags

While I have never had the desire nor the need to purchase high performance
mags such as the P-Mag, I really don't see what the big deal is about
letting soldiers choose the magazine that they are more comfortable with. I
am not a a geardo who has to have the latest and greatest gear out there.
While I did buy a tac vest during my last Iraq deployment, this recent one
had some good equipment out there, namely the plate carrier and the TAP
(Tactical Assault Panel). After 16 years in the Army, I only had two issue
magazines fail me during training and never had a single issue with a weapon
failing me in combat - with the exception of my old M-16 A1 I had during
Desert Storm - both as a POG and more recently an Infantryman. Let the men
buy what they want. It's their money. The Army buys enough metal issue
magazines in bulk that I don't really see the manufacturer losing any
significant amount of money. Besides, the war in Iraq is over and
Asscrackistan is almost over, so soldiers will not be buying high
performance mags in the near future. At lest as not as many as they do now.