Someone needs to tell these guys about King Canute and the tides.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cnut_the_Great#Ruler_of_the_waves

When I was with one contracting firm, another of their government
contracts was to map the increase in the mean sea level along the east
coast over the next 50 years. From what I remember North Caroline is
going to have a lot more sea front property over the next while.