On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 7:01 AM, Jerry Barnes <critic...@gmail.com> wrote:

> "You can damn well bet that I badger friends, family and neighbors about
> voting. It's not only your right, it's your civic duty."
>
> There is a big difference in annoying your circle to vote and threatening
> to publish their names if they do not vote.  The right to vote includes the
> right to NOT vote.

Of course you have the right to not vote and it is disingenuous to
suggest I said otherwise. It is also, in my opinion, entirely wrong to
characterize it as a "threat". It's your right not to vote. If people
give you grief for your choice to not vote, you also have the right to
tell them to fuck off and mind their own business. You say threat, I
say knowledge.

> The one positive I see is that these tactics probably encouraged some
> people to vote for Walker.  Sure, I'll vote, but I'll vote for Walker just
> to fuck with you.

Getting pissed off at people is a common reason to engage in the
political process. Hopefully it encourages people to not only vote but
to also then look at who they are actually voting for. It's a start
though.

> Next up will be list distributed with political contributions.

That information is already available and searchable.

You can see all the political donations in my zip code here:
http://www.opensecrets.org/indivs/index.php?capcode=w8j6x&name=&state=&zip=97212&employ=&cand=

If you just want top line numbers, they are here:
http://www.opensecrets.org/address/summary.php?zip=97212

It doesn't get down to street level data there. Might be a fun project
though with their apis.

Jud