Very true. Americans have a terrible record of showing up and voting,
let alone voting for what they believe. The last time voter turnout
was over 60% for a national election was in 1968. The last election in
2010 the turnout was under 38%.

In contrast, since 1989 there has been only one federal election in
Canada where the turnout was below 60%.

The US citizen seems to be far more interested in American Idle than
their responsibility to the country and themselves.