Take a walk down by the riverfront, take a quick tour of the Gold Medal
Flour museum/building down there, it is a pretty neat piece of history, and
the Mississippi River is right there, nice boardwalk to go on.  While you
are there, take a walk inside the Gutherie Theather, it's a cool piece of
architecture.

Brit's Pub on Nicollet has a fantastic roof area with 4 full lawn bowling
courts that are open to the public on weekend afternoons.  If it is nice
out, they have a good selection of English style beer and food.

Take a walk up/down the length of Nicollet Mall - it is basically a long
pedestrian mall with a bunch of good bars/pubs.  Try The Local for some
good Irish fare, El Barrio is a cool little Mexican place.

Of course, you should experience both the skyway system and the MOA while
you are here.  The former is pretty amazing and vast, you can get almost
anywhere in the downtown area within it. If you've never seen one, it is
kinda neat.  The latter, even if you're not much of a shopper, is worth
seeing, and is only a couple of dollars to get there via the Light Rail.
 Catch any Bloomington bound train on 5th street to get there, about a 25
minute ride.

Tell us where you are staying/working, I can provide you with some close by
options.  Are you downtown, or uptown?  Uptown has some fun places, but
honestly, the crowds are more "young" and not my speed anymore.  The
problem with downtown is it is very business - people come in to work, then
flee to the burbs at night, so it makes for a pretty dead downtown at night
and weekends.

I'd meet up with you for a brew or two, but I am headed to Vegas tomorrow
to celebrate/watch my wife cry as we ring in her 40th birthday this
weekend.  :)