From: Larry C. Lyons [mailto:larrycly...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2012 1:39 PM
To: cf-community
Subject: Re: Timeline of events in Egypt and Libya

I thnk that Tim here is referring to the recently concluded firearms export
treaty talks (which went nowhere btw), intended to restrict the
international traffic of small arms.

The thing is that many right wing groups automatically concluded that it
meant since the US were involved in the talks, the UN is taking over the US.
Unfortunately those with that opinion seem to show a lot of issue with
reading comprehension, as there was no provision for that in any of the
proposed treaty language. The stupid part of it was that it would have done
a lot to restrict the flow of firearms to terrorists and groups like AQ, but
American and European arms companies strongly opposed the treaty. The NRA
also opposed it claiming it was against the 2nd Amendment.  With such
lobbying opposition the Obama administration ended up scuttling the talks.

Given that the treaty was entirely devoted to international sales, I have no
idea why the NRA was against it.

To me it sounds like another case of the Black UN Helicopters. And those who
believe it certain help my 401K, since their sudden uptick in the demand for
tinfoil has caused Reynolds Aluminium stock to really increase in value.