A Coptic Christian makes a film critical of Islam.  He makes it offensive
on purpose.  He hates them.  They have killed and tortured and raped his
people for generations.  Is this not a form of dissent?  SHould not dissent
be protected?

You do not have the right to not be offended.  What you do in response is
no ones fault but your own.

I find the westboro guys offensive.  If I attack one who is going to jail?
Holocaust deniers?  Palestinian activists that have made similar and worse
propaganda?

We protect lies.  Direct lies.  That was why the supreme court over ruled
Stolen Valor.

Free speech isn't just for the mainstream, for the masses.  It is for the
individual.

Without direct incitement (yelling fire, telling someone to kill directly)
there is no crime and it is protected speech.  If this were going another
way, say a native American film on the evils of the U.S. government, or an
anti-Israel video, where would your thoughts lie?

Think about it Eric.