I wouldn't turn them in to the police.  They just destroy them (unless that
is your goal).  I would sell them to a gun shop.  It's a win-win.  You make
some money selling them they are able to be re-used.  Especially if they
are older firearms that are no longer made like the original Marlin lever
actions.

Jeff