"Why would other countries want us to be weak, especially since we send
them so much money?"

All answer with some questions:

Do we weaken ourselves by borrowing money from China in order to send it to
other countries?
Do we weaken ourselves by giving money to countries who then funnel the
money to terrorist or criminal organizations?
Do we weaken ourselves by having excessive deficit spending in order to
send money to other countries?

If you think the answer is yes to any of these, then you would probably
agree that sending money to other countries and being weakened are not
mutually exclusive propositions.

-

The artificial aristocracy is a mischievous ingredient in government, and
provisions should be made to prevent its ascendancy. - Thomas Jefferson

The greatest tyrannies are always perpetrated in the name of the noblest
causes. - Thomas Paine