I know I am going to regret asking this, but.....

How am I not on topic? Jerry pointed out that it seems a minority of
people are against gay marriage. I simply pointed out there was a time
not too long ago that people felt the same way about inter racial
marriage.

Being gay, like being black or Hispanic, is NOT a choice, so the
analogy is quite fitting to the discussion.

If you believe being gay is a choice, then I don't really think
anything worthwhile can come from continuing this discussion with you.

For what is is worth, if being gay is a choice, I admit my analogy
might not fit as well, but it does not make gay marriage opponents any
less discriminatory.