Uh, no comment was made about intelligence, only responses in different
areas of the brain to different stimuli.

Conservatives can still be really smart, but different parts of their
brains seem to be activated differently in response to different stimuli,
than liberals.

For instance, a conservative might react to this information with a
defensive posture, calling it "junk science" and wanting to dismiss it.

I find it fascinating. But then, the independent brain is the only one
that's firing on all cylinders, all the time :)