I have no interest in this company beyond I just bought a watch from
them, but here's the deal:

Very small surfer-dude Kauai Hawaii company that hand assembles
watches from swiss movements and high quality materials for very
reasonable prices with a goal of being every day durable (for
surfers!)

I originally read about them in one of Randy Wayne White's Doc Ford
books and had never heard of them (granted I'm a pretty casual watch
hobbyist).

Anyway, the company doesn't have a big production - i.e., you can get
one when they get around to it because ... island time

So they just announced they're building a set of 100 for sale and I nabbed one:

Quote:
2012-11-01 01:00:14 - Featuring a combination of materials that would
be equally at ease on a racecar or a spacecraft, the Benthic Ti Kevlar
has been specially designed and engineered to withstand extremes of
temperature, pressure, and wear. In fact over 98% of the watch by
weight is made up of only 5 materials: titanium, brass, sapphire,
leather, and Kevlar®.

http://www.pr-inside.com/bathys-hawaii-watch-company-announces-new-benthic-ti-kevlar-r3452105.ht