I photographer friend of mine uses http://500px.com/ for his. I haven't
looked into it much yet. I may use Picasa, but haven't decided. I may just
leave them offline.

I used Bulkr to download my pics from Flickr. It has the option of putting
the metadata from Flickr into the photo's Exif data as it goes and will
download originals. It's free but to get originals you have to pay $30.
It's an Adobe AIR app, so I was willing to pay my fellow AIR/Flex developer
for his time building it to get my pics down.

http://clipyourphotos.com/bulkr

-Cameron