"Devastating. Crushing. Irony."

It's reality.

The leftist true believers pretend that only the right is corrupt and that
the left is blemish-less.  Ditto for the right.

I think both sides are full of shit and as corrupt as can be.  I generally
only point out the shortcomings of the left since that choir is short
handed.  No need to help call out the right.  There is a waiting list for
that choir.

Here's a nice editorial on the demise of the GOP.  It concentrates on the
pure hypocrisy by the leaders.
http://m.floppingaces.net/2012/12/10/the-only-thing-left-for-the-republican-party-is-its-obituary-reader-post/?wpmp_switcher=mobile

I'll finish up with a great example of leftist hypocrisy.  NC Governor Tax
Rev Bev Purdue signed an executive order that created a committee to vet
judicial nominees.  For a horrible governor who was so bad she decided she
would not run for re-election, this wasn't a bad idea.  However, a NC
supreme court judge just stepped down.  The committee would not have enough
time to vet any candidates before Pat McCrory takes office in January.  So,
instead of letting McCrory make the appointment, she rescinded her own
executive order and made an appointment.

Everyone should be angered by the pure hypocrisy displayed by this
incompetent, unprincipled bureaucrat. Instead, the right will scream and
the left will applaud.

>From personal experience, I honestly believe that most Democrats and most
Republicans are decent people who get along fine.  It's the damn leaders of
both parties who are the problem.  They are so concerned with hoarding cash
from lobbyists and special interest groups that they don't take time to
listen to constituents or compromise with opponents.  The leaders are
laughing all the way to bang and we're pulling our hair out.

-

Thanks to TV and for the convenience of TV, you can only be one of two
kinds of human beings, either a liberal or a conservative. - Kurt Vonnegut

The two real political parties in America are the Winners and the Losers.
The people don't acknowledge this. They claim membership in two imaginary
parties, the Republicans and the Democrats, instead. - Kurt Vonnegut