At least they can be honest and blame greed.  Time to boycott wendys...

-----Original Message-----
From: Jerry Barnes [mailto:critic...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2013 12:01 PM
To: cf-community
Subject: Re: Moving towards paying our fair share

Damn.  This paying your fair share is going to be brutal on the service
industry and unskilled workers:

Fast-Food Worker Hours Cut, New Health Care Law Blamed (
http://www.wowt.com/home/headlines/Fast-Food-Worker-Hours-Cut---185827392.ht
ml
 )

A fast-food chain is slashing employee hours so franchise owners don't have
to pay health benefits. Around 100 local Wendy's workers have learned their
hours are being cut. A spokesperson says a new health care law is to blame.

The company has announced that all non-management positions will have their
hours reduced to 28 a week. Gary Burdette, Vice President of Operations for
the local franchise, says the cuts are coming because the new Affordable
Health Care Act requires employers to offer health insurance to employees
working 32-38 hours a week. Under the current law they are not considered
full time and that as a small business owner, he can't afford to stay in
operation and pay for everyone's health insurance.

Burdette says the decision affects around 100 employees. It was a tough one
and he understands why people are upset, but the hour reduction is effective
in two weeks for all non-management. Management employees will continue to
have benefits as they are officially full time.

Of course, the ultimate smack on the poor souls:  The are required to have
health insurance.  With their reduced hours, the smaller amount of take home
pay will have to pay for insurance, whose premiums are steadily moving up.

-

My commitment is to make sure that we've got universal healthcare for all
Americans by the end of my first term as president. I would hope that we
could set up a system that allows those who can't go through their employer
to access a federal system or a state pool of some sort. But I don't think
we're going to be able to eliminate employer coverage immediately. There's
going to be potentially some transition process. I can envision a decade
out, or 15 years out, or 20 years out. - Barack Obama