Beth-

That's funny, one of the wonderful folk from Oz on the
list advised me to go every place *except* Surfer's
Paradise!! Said it's like Miami Beach or Waikiki with
even more Japanese tourists.

(Have nothing against Japanese tourists BTW. But after
having been to Waikiki, much prefer a resort that's a
bit less urban high-rise. Urban is great when touring
cities with a bunch of stuff to explore and do, though.)

Current plans lean towards about 4 days in Sydney,
overnight trip to Blue Mountains (Katoomba area),
possibly overnight trip to Canberra, and remainder of
trip in northern Queensland based out of Cairns. Will be
determining when/where/how long after more research on
what we want to see/do.

-Ben