"I have no data at hand, but my observations tell me that far more men than
women own guns. "

Rising Voice of Gun Ownership Is Female (
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/11/us/rising-voice-of-gun-ownership-is-female.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0)

In the debate over firearms regulations, the voices of gun owners have
largely been those of men. But at firing ranges across the country, a
growing number of women are learning to use firearms and honing their
skills.

Women’s participation in shooting sports has surged over the last decade,
increasing by 51.5 percent for target shooting from 2001 to 2011, to just
over 5 million women, and by 41.8 percent for hunting, according to the
National Sporting Goods Association.

Packing Heat: Statistics Show Number Of Female Gun Owners On The Rise (
http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/08/20/packing-heat-statistics-show-number-of-female-gun-owners-on-the-rise/)

For reasons ranging from sport to protection, the number of females buying
guns has seen a spike in the last few years, CBS 2′s Ann Mercogliano
reported.

In fact, according to a recent Gallup poll 23 percent of woman reported
they are gun owners, up from 13 percent in 2005.

The rate of women buying firearms seems to be increasing.  It's almost like
they believe that someone is trying to take the right to own firearms away.

-

Ninety percent of politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation.
- Henry Kissinger

Politicians are people who, when they see light at the end of the tunnel,
go out and buy some more tunnel. - John Quinton