Yes it is.

I don't really care that Sam (or anyone else not in a position to affect
policy) wants to hold an opinion that is contrary to current scientific
findings. They have that right, and they can surely argue their position.
Science has been wrong.

But I object to being labeled a "believer in a religion". I won't stand for
that. I believe in science, and anyone who as part of their argument says
otherwise, is not doing so honestly...and that I do take exception too.