It's funny. 13 was the age I was when I had a lot of questions.

When all the canned answers didnt make sense anymore, and I wanted to talk
to someone about it.

13 was the age I lost faith in the clergy. Every person of every
denomination I talked to was not a good person. Dismissive. Angry.
Non-"christian" in all the things I had been taught the word meant.

14 was the age I lost faith in organized religion. I saw the flaws of the
congregation, and realized they did not at all believe in their spoken
ideals. And the church was the accumulation of the worst of its
congregation and clergy.

I never lost my faith in God, but I did lose faith in the institutions of
man.

Since then, though, I have become more forgiving of personal foibles, and
do not expect even clergy to be more than human. And I have met a lot of
people who DO strive towards their own ideals.

Which makes me want to strive harder towards mine.