"Why didn't the simple fact that this man was coming straight out of
the Chicago
machine make all of this the obvious tactical result of this
administration?"

It was obvious to plenty of people.

Not enough to change the outcomes of two elections.  But if things were
different, we would have John McCain as president.  He fucking crazy.  He's
more of a warmonger than Obama.

Or we could have had Romney, who said over and over again that he supported
Obama's foreign policies.  Domestically, he may have been better, but it's
no sure thing.  Granted, it would take a lot of work to be worse.

-

Ninety percent of politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation.
- Henry Kissinger

Politicians are people who, when they see light at the end of the tunnel,
go out and buy some more tunnel. - John Quinton