I guess only someone with a political axes to grind would care about this.
I wonder if Ollie North was there.

CIA 'running arms smuggling (to Syria) team in Benghazi when consulate was
attacked'

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/libya/10218288/CIA-running-arms-smuggling-team-in-Benghazi-when-consulate-was-attacked.html

.