I'm having a hard time figuring out how in the hell Windows 8 is any kind
of upgrade.  I don't even have a windows 8 laptop, but it's causing me
enough grief without one.  Tonight it was trying to figure out why the
default mail client doesn't act like a default mail client so whenever you
click on an email link in an app, you get a great little message that says,
"No default email client configured".  Now, really, wouldn't you think that
a mail client installed by default on the OS would, well, let's see...be a
frickin default email client?!

I remember going from Windows to Mac circa 2005 ish...sure I had to relearn
a lot of things.  The difference was that the new ways were usually
simpler, i.e. uninstalling an app from a mac or even copying one. So far,
with Windows 8, most things that are different seem more complicated, or at
least not any easier which begs the question of why change it?

There's got to be something I'm missing about this OS that's a redeeming
quality.  But, so far, most of my interactions with it usually end in
frustration.