I've got a Nest, a MyQ garage door opener, a handful of belkin WeMo
products, a good network of dLink cemeras, and now an iPhone car starter.
 I can't get enough of this stuff, it is great being able to control
everything from anywhere in the world.  I worry a bit about privacy and
security, but to be honest, the geekiness of it all trumps my worries at
the moment.  Next up on my list is probably some kind of front-door video
system/lock.

Belkin has quietly come up with a pretty awesome a la carte
self-installable ecosystem BTW.  Worth the look if you just want to dip
your toes in.