its not honest. its childish.

in order for an society to work, you either need EVERYONE to agree on
EVERYTHING (which only happens in incredibly controlled populations), or
you need to compromise with others and find common ground on issues where
you disagree.

that doesnt mean you dont hold strong positions. it doesnt mean you dont
strive to bring others into your point of view.

it means you understand that you are not going to get 100% of your way 100%
of the time.

that "give and take", or "getting most of what you want" is what is missing
today in politics, and in society.

and it is coming more often than not from self-labeled extreme right wing
and from tea party folk who dont play well with others.

no compromise is not a way to govern anything.

instead, it is always a "cut off your nose to spite your face", fists
beating on the ground temper tantrum, which is unhelpful.

and immature.

in my opinion.