The article is underestimating the ingenuity of these folks. As someone who
has been there several times, and has seen how they can take what to the
average person is a bunch of junk and turn it into a weapon. Just because
they live in mud huts does not mean they don't know how to build a weapon
out of just about anything they can get their hands on.