If it swishes in time with  your heartbeat you might have a Carotid bruit.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carotid_bruit

Or, because it occurred after yelling, you might have strained a
muscle that is impinging on a blood vessel or on the inner ear canal.

Or maybe high blood pressure from getting upset.

I have a constant bruit that is really annoying, but the doctors have
done a bunch of tests and tell me it is not a serious problem.  But
they should not be ignored.