From: C. Hatton Humphrey [mailto:chumph...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2014 9:55 AM
To: cf-community
Subject: Re: Ebola in our hemisphere, you scared?

On Thu, Oct 9, 2014 at 8:59 AM, Sam <sammyc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > When it comes to disease I tend to listen to doctors over "the other
> guys"
> > yes.
>
> The Doctors on the news or the Doctors sent out by the regime for the
> press?

I've been listening to the doctors that have been working on the ground in
African countries.

The reason it's more infectious "over there" is for two reasons - one
cultural because of the funeral rites of many tribes that include washing,
dressing and even kissing the body of the deceased.  The other is capacity
which has been documented. (
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/08/13/kissing-the-corpses-in-ebol
a-country.html
)

In the US the second of those issues is not an issue.  The first might be a
challenge but even then facilities are available.

In short, I'm not buying the fear or the hype.

Until Later!
C. Hatton Humphrey
http://www.eastcoastconservative.com

Every cloud does have a silver lining.  Sometimes you just have to do some
smelting to find it.