On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 11:22 PM, Jerry Milo Johnson wrote:

> An ultra-Orthodox Jewish newspaper in Israel photoshopped all females from
> a front page photo of 40 world leaders gathered at a rally supporting
> victims of the shooting at the satirical newspaper Charlie Hebdo.
>
> That seems pretty bizarre to me.

This sort of thing seems bizarre to me as well. However, you also have to
consider the context of the readership. Considering that the readership is
a relatively small group who are offended by photos of females, I don't
consider this a big deal.

It's only when you expose this unusual custom to a larger group of people
that is seems weird. They aren't trying to force this photo on anyone, to
my knowledge, nor are they promising or carrying out violence over an image
as we have seen other world religions do recently.

-Cameron