well my wife was 2 blocks from our apt.
& two cars behind a large black truck
who proceeded to hit a small gray kitten, pause then drive off.

my wife thought it was a squirrel at first.
but got out to see it was a cute little gray kit.
she put it into a card board box, intending to bring it next door to the vet
[who where closed anyhow]

guess it lived a few moments & kept trying to stand
but its rear side was paralyzed.

so im there on our steps, just prepared an incredible dinner.
nice cool one in hand & opps.
sorry Hun.

so she digs a grave, i grab some herbs & wild flowers
and we bury the cutest little cat, in a small grave under our neighbors
window..

he could have used a cat.