**anticipating backlash from fellow Canucks**

Hey Ben,

I'd be proud if Ethan grows up and emigrates to the U.S. I still
believe that it is the one place on Earth where a person with little
more than dogged persistence can do anything!

I'm writing the White House communications staff to see if I can
get a congratulatory card from Pres. & Mrs. Bush on his birth.