Well this one flew right under my radar. Thankfully it looks like it
is going to get killed. I really really dislike Ashcroft and Ridge.

"Operation TIPS, administered by the U.S. Department of Justice and
developed in partnership with several other federal agencies, is one
of the five component programs of the Citizen Corps. Operation TIPS
will be a national system for reporting suspicious, and potentially
terrorist-related activity. The program will involve the millions of
American workers who, in the daily course of their work, are in a
unique position to see potentially unusual or suspicious activity in
public places."

http://www.citizencorps.gov/tips.html

--
 Jon