Has anyone on this list had an opportunity to see 'Time and Tide' by Tsui
Hark? It has been all over the action channel for the last week, and the
movie really blew me away. The story is about these two men with pregnant
girlfriends being drawn into this war between two drug cartels, and events
that erupt as a result. I really suggest anyone with the slightest interest
in Hong Kong cinema check it out, it does right what most films do wrong.

Anyways, what prompts me to write this message is that I did a little
research on the director fo this great, wonderfully philosophic but
essentially hyperactive film, wanting to know something about where this all
came from. Found out that before working on this one, he directed a bunch of
really bad Van Damme films here in the US and some not as bad Jet Li flicks
back in Hong Kong.

Always strange to see beautiful things growing from such rotten soil.