I am doing some contracting work for a small company that has not used
contractors before.  Since I haven't done contract work before myself I
have a lot of questions.  I'll start with this one for now, I was asked
to give them a quote for a web site that they will give to their
client.  The job is relatively involved with a shopping cart and
interfacing
with another web application so the quote will require some research on
my part.  Is it common to charge the company I'm doing the work for the
time I will to do the quote?

Any other advice is welcomed too.

Thanks,

JS