I got my dog from the pound about 6 years ago.  Never regretted it.  She is
the sweetest thing with a wonderful temperment and personality.  When I
drove cross country I did it because of her since I couldn't bear the idea
of having her in a crate on the plane in the cargo hold.

Things I do for dogs and people <grin>

Samdu

DRE