I guess there's something to be said for karmic justice!

On the ironic side, you might keep him on as an assistant or mail boy or
something.  remember, if you fire someone they qualify for unemployment.
 If they quit they don't!  Keep him on but make him want to leave on his
own.

.. that is if you want to take on all that responsibility.

Hatton