It's either grass Jelly, or tapioca pearls.  are square or round?
if they are round they are most likely tapioca pearls.

By the way, Grass Jelly is excellent :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Cantrell, Adam [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, September 20, 2002 1:55 PM
To: CF-Community
Subject: RE: Surimi

I'm drinking something called Bubble Tea right now for the first time. It
has these little black balls in it that have the texture of gummy bear, but
really no flavor. I don't know what they are, I don't know if I want to
know. All I know right now is that this stuff is good. I got it from a thai
restaurant down the street, I recommend you all try some.

Adam.