: As a guy 5'11" who just managed to drop below 270# for
: the first time in a long time, I would be absolutely
: delighted to "split the difference" with you <grin>.

What we need is a new plastic-type surgical procedure.  Lypopumping.  I can
hear the slogan now:  "Lypopumping:  Share the Wealth!"

: Phoeun-
:
: if you get your cholesterol checked, you may be in for a
: nasty surprise.  You don't want to gain the weight on
: the inside of your coronary arteries :-(

When I last got bloodwork done, my cholesterol was 198 or so.  However, my
trygliceride levels were great, and my ration of LDL/HDL was so good that
the nurse said "Keep doing whatever you're doing.  It seems to be working."

I'm skinny (without being psychopathological about it) and my high
cholesterol won't kill me.  I'm clearly not a typical American.

: Both-
:
: you might want to get your thyroid checked - inability
: to gain weight even with increased food is one indicator
: of possible high thyroid. In my case, the blood test
: found I wasn't losing weight in spite of dieting and
: exercise due to low thyroid...

I've had my thyroid checked several times over the last few years
(thyroidism can also trigger depression) and it's fine.  Since puberty, I've
gained weight very slowly.  If I'm depressed, I can lose weight while eating
4000-6000 calories a day and not excersizing beyond the walk to the deli.  I
bottomed out at under 120 about 1.5 to 2 years ago, and am /thrilled/ to be
at 132 or so.  And I /totally/ understand Phoeun's complaints about wooden
chairs.  :-)  I'll stick with my big, padded leather office chair, thank you
very much.

-- Ben "teased by featherweight boxers" Doom