There are free fonts available, but as someone who worked in print for about
10 years I'll tell you in that the free ones don't generally work as well.

First off, you should only use Postscript fonts. TrueType can work, but I'm
willing to bet a fair amount of money that if you talk to your print vendor
they will tell you that they much prefer Postscript.

Second, the reason why the expensive fonts work better and look better is
because they have better code. Postscript is code and even though the tools
to make the fonts are visual, a good font designer knows how to make fonts
that have the most efficient code. Font ripoffs usually are high-res scans
that are then converted to vectors. This conversion process creates bad
Postscript code that on a good day just doesn't look as good and takes
longer for the print vendor to output and on a bad day can choke their rip
and make your job unprintable.

But look around. Google is probably your best bet. Another option is buying
the bulk packs of fonts in some of the software catalogs. The site I use to
find fonts is http://www.myfonts.com. They are generally the more expensive
ones though.

I'm not trying to lecture you or be condescending. I'm just sharing years of
experience. Fonts can make a job go bad in so many ways, and it's just not
fun fixing it.

Good luck,

-Kevin Graeme