Hmmm.

Main Entry: dis.in.ter.est.ed
Function: adjective
Date: circa 1612

1 a : not having the mind or feelings engaged : not interested <telling
them in a disinterested voice -- Tom Wicker> <Introverted. Unsocial ...
Disinterested in women -- J. A. Brussel> b : no longer interested
<husband and wife become disinterested in each other -- T. I. Rubin>

2 : free from selfish motive or interest : UNBIASED <a disinterested
decision> <disinterested intellectual curiosity is the lifeblood of real
civilization

usage Disinterested and uninterested have a tangled history.
Uninterested orig. meant impartial, but this sense fell into disuse
during the 18th century. About the same time the original sense of
disinterested also disappeared, with uninterested developing a new
sense--the present meaning--to take its place. The original sense of
uninterested is still out of use, but the original sense of
disinterested revived in the early 20th century. The revival has since
been under frequent attack as an illiteracy and a blurring or loss of a
useful distinction. Actual usage shows otherwise. Sense 2 of
disinterested is still its most frequent sense, especially in edited
prose; it shows no sign of vanishing. A careful writer may choose sense
1a of disinterested in preference to uninterested for emphasis <teaching
the letters of the alphabet to her wiggling and supremely disinterested
little daughter -- C. L. Sulzberger>. Further, disinterested has
developed a sense (1b), perhaps influenced by sense 1 of the prefix
dis-, that contrasts with uninterested <when I grow tired or
disinterested in anything, I experience a disgust -- Jack London
(letter, 1914)>. Still, use of senses 1a and 1b will incur the
disapproval of some who may not fully appreciate the history of this
word or the subtleties of its present use.

Then:
Main Entry: uninterested
Function: adjective
Date: 1661
: not interested : not having the mind or feelings engaged
usage see DISINTERESTED

So. They both mean the same, but I'm not allowed to use disinterested?

????

;)

Cheers,
Erika