It says the jury bought the argument that the DMCA is a Draconian piece of legislation
brought on by a pigopoly.  They bought the argument that the reverse engineering of
the cryptic locking methods was legal when done for personal use.

When the DMCA and RIAA are taken to their logical conclusions (read 10-15 years of
enforcement and technology enhancements) you will be paying for each and every time
you watch your purchased DVD movie in the future and if you circumvent the system you
will be committing a felony.

Next step is for a better test case of the DMCA to get moved all the way to the
supreme court. The DMCA lawyers were just getting their feet with Dimitry.  And the
thing that sucks the most... the FBI was helping.  Meanwhile, real terrorists are ....
oh don't get me started.