Its very interesting, I work with a person from Columbia, and the
response is much the opposite south of our border.

Before we lived here he would say he was an American, but now he would
not because once here it implies the US. I have heard this same thing
from many people from countries south of us.

I don't know many Canadians we usually shoot them on site ;)