You're all missing out... Here in the Boston area the US Army Research
facility dumped a mess of "Giant Hissing Madagascar cockroaches" (so
called because they're up to four inches long and make loud hissing
noises... Oh, and they're from Madagascar) into the local landfill.
There they promptly started breeded and looking for new homes.

They're not that common anymore but several local pet shops still sell
them as novelty pets.

Of course the same lab also developed the process that led to the
development of "Chicken McNuggets" so maybe they're not all bad...

Jim Davis