I will agree with this.

I remember when I was in High School I had an optional credit course actually called
critical thinking. It turned out to be one of my favorite classes taught by a nutty
coach who ended up being my favorite teacher. The most valuable thing I learned there,
is that you will never become more intelligent without any form of curiosity.
Knowledge (and thus power as the cliché goes) is not just delivered to you on some
golden platter. You have to be CURIOUS and WANT to "know things". Most of the kids I
was in school with I look back on and realize how blind they were (hell me too). There
was no desire to elevate the level of our mental abilities. It was all about what
parties were that weekend and whether you would get puke drunk or not. God im glad I
grew out of that fast. And yet, I still feel ive lived a sheltered life. Damn this
cultureless state! (Texas ...=P). I want to move to NY, or SF someone give me a job
there!..=P hehe

Did I mention I love this list because of topics like this. I never seem to find more
intelligent and engaging conversation than what comes with other programmers. Nerds
Rule!...=P

-chris