Hi gang,

am happy to say there is a simple answer to the question I had asked about WEP
(Wired Equivalent Privacy) and 128-bit encryption across different brands of
WiFi equipment.

If you want to generate a key using a "passphrase", you need to use the same
brand.

But to enable an encrypted connection on another brand, just type in the 26
hex digits from the encryption key generated on the first brand.

The remaining 24 bits of the key, which I was worried about matching, are
apparently the same.

So, I used a passphrase to generate keys on my NetGear WiFi devices. When I
got the Dell laptop with the TrueMobile WiFi card, I just typed in the key
from the Netgear in hex, and it worked!!!!

-Ben