What is also encouraging is how this information became known. The
people are now informing the troops where the "bad guys" are. This
information had been given in a note to one of the marines. Later a
woman also told a journalist what was happening to the girl.

The people are slowly taking to the US and British soldiers, they are
earning trust. Everyday, news like this is coming in, sure it is
anecdotal, but it is starting to add up.

Regular people demonstrating against Saddam, people waving to the troops
as they come through, people actively informing the troops as to the
whereabouts of the Saddam loyalists. All of these things are mounting
up, they are becoming more than anecdotes and are becoming common. This
is good news.