From: Jeffry Houser [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, April 04, 2003 7:30 AM
To: CF-Community
Subject: Re: Coldfusion is King

  I can offer a slightly different perspective.
  I've been working .NET for the past 3 months.  I'm amazed at how much
control you have over certain things.

  I think when it comes to creating XML, it beats ColdFusion hands down.

  I had to write some code to migrate legacy data into a new system, and I
must say that it was about 100 times quicker than similar ColdFusion code I
had written.  I was able to perform all the translation in memory and then
submit all 3000+ rows to the database in one swoop.  In this case, .NET was
much quicker than CF would have been.

  CF is easier for 90% of web development tasks, though.  Sometimes I'm
amazed at how difficult some of the most common tasks are.