I am interested in the whole topic. I get email like this a lot... and
short of a whole fundraising drive I don't have time for I don't have a
solution. I mean, when the question is something like "if I have another
child will it die too", I really hate to send back gibberish. I agree
though, French to English seems to be better than English to French. The
really strange stuff happened on the translation to French and not on the
translation back to English. On the whole I find the available services
mainly get enough across to tell whether the content of the site is or is
not somethng that would be useful.

These are the translations I look at as I can evaluate them, but what I
really need is English to Spanish and Portugese, maybe Dutch. Maybe the
issue is that the developers in the machine translation area are English
speakers? Anyway, yes, please share any stories. Any glimmer of what to do
or not do would help. What I would like to do is set up several language
versions of the site, that's one issue, and two, I'd like to be able to
send sensible replies to emails like this one. Come to think of it I could
have stock replies as they tend to fall into a couple of broad categories,
this being one of them. And then there is a support forum where a LOT of
information gets posted, that is a whole other ball of wax. If you plug the
site into altavista or google it ignores the cgi files; haven't tried
sending them individually yet.

Dana

dependable ColdFusion Hosting.
http://www.cfhosting.com