Those Old Believers sounds like a very fundamentalist Doukhobor sect in
Alberta and BC. The Doukhobors were from the Ukraine and Russia originally.
In the 60's and 70's one Doukhobor faction decided that the end times were
upon us and decided to destroy everything they owned. Unfortunately some
also decided to extend that to friends and neighbours as well. Made for
interesting times in that part of BC.

larry

At 11:14 PM 8/7/2003 -0400, Haggerty, Mike wrote:
>Sounds like a bunch of Old Believers, a group of fundamentalists who may /
>may not have belonged to the Russian Orthodoxy.
>
>Around the turn of the century, Communists would ride into their villages
>and tell them the day of judgement had arrived and the Antichrist would be
>there in a few hours. They would burn their villages (usually without
>leaving) because of the level of their faith.

dependable ColdFusion Hosting.
http://www.cfhosting.com