From: Angel Stewart [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2003 2:05 PM
To: CF-Community
Subject: RE: feedbak on Able Commerce

Able!

Able is cool! :)

Look over the feature list and you should find it very complete!

Now...if you want anything outside of that feature list, it may be a
little difficult.
If stock Ablecommerce will do what you want, when you want it...then its
fine.

If you are looking for an E-Commerce solution to customise the whazoo
out of then unless you are well versed in Java and using Java Objects in
CFMX you may want to look elsewhere.

Ablecommerce support is also excellent, and they'll answer your
questions in short order.
If you have the cash, I'm sure that they can do most customisations for
you.(Paypal support plugin is about US$200.00)

1000 items is a breeze. You can upload them in a batch I believe...for
each category, which is a lot easier than entering these in one by one
via the web interface. I ran into some trouble uploading batches, and
you need to make sure that you have required fields (these aren't marked
anywhere but they need to be present) and etc. in the .csv listing. But
It's not too bad, and I received a file that updated the Batch upload
routine to make it more forgiving of missing fields etc. from their tech
support. (I assume this has all been worked out in future versions).

We are using the new Ablecommerce 5 (for ASP though..meh..long story)
and haven't come across any bugs yet.
This is for a major online retailer so we'll be able to say how it runs
under load in about a month or two.

You should be able to modify the pages either by Including them into an
existing design, or modifying the pages themselves (there's
about..oh...20 of them?) to work with your design.

Whatever you do...though..don't be lured by using Iframes to 'easily'
incorporate Ablecommerce pages into a website design ;-)

Hope this helped a little bit,
-Gel